Monday 9 December 2013

NARS Highlighting Blush in Miss Liberty


This is one of those products that I picked up without fully understanding its uses.  Very naughty I know because you should always do your beauty research but sometimes those products you pick up on a whim turn out to be pleasantly surprising.  And guess what?  This is exactly that.

Miss Liberty from NARS is described as a highlighting blush however I was under the impression it was just a regular highlighter.  I was using it on my brow bone and my cupids bow and although it was giving a nice amount of shimmer, it wasn’t as light-reflecting as some other powders I’d used.  Feeling a little frustrated I took to the trusty internet in search of answers and of course the blog world didn’t fail me.  I soon found this was actually a blusher designed to be worn either alone on or on top of other cheek products to create that glow from within.  The flecks of shimmer running through the powder are very subtle which explains why it works better as a discreet illuminator rather than a full-on highlighter.

I prefer to wear this alone but I have tried it over other blushers and it does look lovely either way.  I think it adds that perfect hint of shimmer and really brings my cheekbones to life without being too obvious or OTT.  I have been known to go a little blusher crazy in the past so this is a refreshing change for me.  You can also get this in two other shades: New Order (a pinky, slightly more pigmented colour) and Albatross (a translucent offering which seems to be a favourite in the blog world).  I think all shades are rather gorgeous and all are supposed to be universally flattering so should suit most skin tones.

I’m so pleased I discovered how to use this product properly.  I’m using it every day now and have had lots of comments on how dewy and fresh my skin looks so it certainly does the trick.  Perfect for perking up your complexion the morning after your Christmas party!

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...