Thursday 30 May 2013

MAC Sweet & Sour Lipstick


A newly released MAC collection will have any make-up lover’s heart racing but a collection which includes seven, yes seven, brand new shades of lipstick will just about give us a cardiac arrest.  The much anticipated All About Orange range has finally launched and I’ve bagged myself a few beauties.  Inspired by the colour which is sweeping Korea, Asia and soon to be the rest of the world, this collection includes a gorgeous mix of powder blushes, nail polishes, lipsticks, glosses, an eye-shadow quad and as the name suggests, is all about the colour orange!

Being the lipstick lover that I am I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the new shades so picked up several of them.  I also grabbed a blush too but I’m going to review everything in individual posts so it doesn’t get too long.  First to catch my eye was Sweet & Sour, a creme sheen formula lipstick with a simply divine unique colour.  As you can see this isn’t a bright, ‘in your face’ orange so is definitely one to try if you’re a bit colour shy.  The shade is described as a ‘soft peach cream’ which fits the bill perfectly.  It does have orange undertones but it definitely airs more on the side of peachy/light coral.

As the formula is a cremesheen, the lipstick isn’t too pigmented.  Therefore, you can give lips a quick slick for a more sheer effect or build up the color with lots of layers for something a little more bold.  I went for it and applied a generous amount.  It lasts around two to three hours as it’s quite a glossy finish so top ups will be required throughout the day.  My lips looked fresh and my whole face was brightened by the colour - as was my mood!  Orange just reminds me of my bright sunny summer days (nothing like the weather today!)

I am in love with this lippy as I don’t have anything else like it in my lipstick collection.  I’m more of a pinks, purples and reds kind of girl so having some orange on my lips is a nice change.  I can’t wait to try out the rest of the collection so watch out for the rest of my reviews which will be coming soon.  Unfortunately, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Sweet & Sour is already sold out on MAC’s website.  That’s just made you want it that little bit more hasn’t it?  Don’t fret - you may be able to pick it up in the shops but I would be quick as this is a limited edition collection and they don’t half sell out fast.  Eek!  Maybe I should go and buy some more?

GC.

6 comments:

  1. You look stunning with this colour on! I bought 6 out of the 7 lippies and totally love them! So glad I didnt pass up on sweet & sour I thought it would be too pale for my nc42 skin tone but it looks hot! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) wow you got so many! I bought 3 of them but I'm so pleased I got Sweet & Sour. It's my favourite! Which one did you not bother with? xx

      Delete
  2. What do you have on your cheeks?! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing MAC Royal Sunset which is also from the All About Orange collection. I have a review of it coming soon xx

      Delete
  3. I bought Flamingo and Sushi Kiss from this collection and really wanted Sweet and Sour but I'm trying to kerb my spending so just left it at the two but after this I'm thinking I might have to make a purchase or forever live in regret!! xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you should get it :) it's such a gorgeous colour! What are Flamingo and Sushi Kiss like? Are you going to review them on your blog? I will have to watch out for them if so xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...