Wednesday 17 April 2013

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick


The launch of the new MAC Viva Glam Nicki 2 lipstick has had me burrowing into the depths of my lip product drawer to find an old favourite of mine, Ms Minaj's first Viva Glam offering. Released in February last year, this shade is a must have for bright lip lovers and Nicki fans alike.  And the best part?  The full price of all Viva Glam lipsticks goes to the MAC Aids Fund which helps people suffering with aids worldwide.  Finally, a lippy you can purchase and feel guilt free!

I really love the colour of this lipstick.  It’s a bright, fresh, pink with yellow undertones that make it look a little more peachy than Barbie pink and it works well with most skin tones.  The formula is satin which means it’s long wearing and is supposed to be moisturising however, it’s not the case for me.  I wore this last week when I was out all day attending the One Direction concert (my lips had to look kissable for Harry!) and although I didn’t need to top up the colour much, when I did reapply it towards the end of the night I noticed my lips had really dried out.  That’s nothing a little vaseline in between top ups won’t solve but it is a little disappointing.  Still, it wouldn’t put me off wearing this shade because it’s too lovely not to wear!

I’m really debating buying the Nicki 2 lipstick which is in shops now but I’m a little scared of the lilac colour and I really don’t know if if it will suit me.  I have nothing like it in my collection so it would be very unique but I don’t know how wearable it is.  I think I need to go into MAC and have a little play (any excuse!).  What about you?  Do you love the Nicki Viva Glam lipstick?  Are you going to purchase the new one?  Let me know!

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...