Thursday 23 May 2013

Benefit Girl Meets Pearl


If there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Benefit do good highlighters right?  Whether it be Sun Beam, Moon Beam, High Beam, the list goes on and we’ve all either heard of one of them, tried one one of them, or know someone who has.  I’d like to introduce to you one of my personal favourites: Girl Meets Pearl.  So girls, meet Girl Meets Pearl.  Okay, that’s confusing!  Described by Benefit as none other than liquid pearl for your face, this really is a must if you’re desperate for dewy skin.  

With a fun name and pretty packaging, this product looks just as good in your make up bag as it does on on your skin.  The twist-up function means that you get just the right amount of highlighter so there’s no waste and the product lasts for ages, making £24.50 a rather reasonable price.  Initially the highlighter looks very pink when first applied so I thought it may be better suited to paler, cooler skin tones however when you massage the liquid into your skin, golden undertones come through, which I think would suit most skin tones.  The different shades do remind me of a pearl, catching the light and changing colours as the sun glints off it.

The formula is water based so it’s doesn’t feel too heavy and blends perfectly into the skin, both with and without make up.  I often get carried away with this product and put it everywhere!  I begin with my brow bone, then dab some onto the top of my cheek bones, then the tip of my nose, then my cupid’s bow (the bits where your lips peak for those who don’t know) and then finally a tiny bit in the middle of my bottom lip.  I just can’t get enough of the stuff and before I know it, my whole face is glowing.  Highlighting these points really transform my face, giving it life and dimension.  If you’re a novice when it comes to contouring and highlighting, this product is great for beginners as you really can’t go wrong with it.  Try mixing it with your foundation for an all-over dewy glow or apply a little to your cheeks before blusher to really make them shimmer!  Regardless of how you use it, you will be shining brighter than a string of pearls.  Perfect!

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...