Wednesday 1 May 2013

V as in Vogue


So for those of you who don’t know (is there anyone I haven’t told yet?!), I am currently in the capital, the Big Smoke, London town, whatever you want to call it, doing a three week internship at the one and only, Vogue magazine.  *Shrieks!*  Most exciting intro ever!

Although words cannot describe how thrilled I am to be here, I’m going to try blogging about my experience so I can share it with you all.  Blog posts may be intermittent as I am super busy - when I’m not working I’m out and about exploring - but I’ll do my best to keep you all updated.

Despite being hyper ever since my work placement was confirmed, the thought of coming to Vogue was also very daunting for me.  I mean, come on, it’s Vogue!  Everybody in the world has heard of this magazine unless they were born and have lived under a rock ever since.  When you think of fashion magazines, this title is definitely the one that comes to the forefront of your mind.  Because of the huge connotations that come with the word ‘Vogue’, I had some moments of sheer panic in the run up to my first day.  What do I wear?  Will everyone be nice?  Will it be like The Devil Wears Prada?

Well now three days in I can confirm that yes - everyone is sooo nice, no - it’s nothing like The Devil Wears Prada (Meryl Streep is not the boss and ‘the book’ does not exist) and for those interested, I wore a pair of silver trousers paired with a black dipped hem top and my new black pointy studded flats (Primark bargain!)  I’ve had some pretty stressful moments during my first week but I think that’s only to be expected.  I was ten minutes late on my first day thanks to an unpredictable GPS signal on my iPhone.  I frantically walked around the same two blocks for ages searching for Vogue House.  I was so flustered by the time I found it but the girls were lovely.  Panic over.  I’ve settled in well and am in absolute heaven working with all of the amazing beauty products that I usually spend all day reading about.    

Oh yes, I probably should have mentioned earlier that I’m back in the beauty deparment as I was when I did my placement at Grazia.  My time at Grazia has massively helped with my confidence levels, giving me the basic skills so I didn’t start this experience feeling like a total newb!  I’m learning more and more every day here at Vogue and having such a great time.  It really is a dream come true walking through the revolving doors each day and taking the lift up to the bright white office where the walls are adorned with every Vogue cover there ever was.  I know it’s only for three weeks but I feel so privileged to be here at all.  

Okay...enough gushing about how much I love my job.  I hope you’re all having a great week!  Do you have any nice plans for your long bank holiday weekend?  I’m so excited for mine!  I’m off to see Viva Forever tomorrow night with my lovely friend Lindsey, who is so kindly putting me up whilst I’m here.  I’m just know I’m going to feel compelled to don some bunches a la Baby Spice as soon as the overture starts.  Friday brings the arrival of Mr W and a fun filled weekend which I will certainly blog about when I get the chance.  Hopefully I’ll have some more Vogue news to update you with too! Until then...

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...