Sunday 31 March 2013

A Good Friday, Saturday & Sunday


Happy Easter to you all.  I hope you are having a fab day whatever you are getting up to.  I’ve just come back from a wonderful weekend away in the Lake District where we celebrated my boyfriend’s birthday.  I love how beautiful and scenic the lakes are.  We really couldn’t have asked for a more idyllic setting for a weekend away.  It was simply perfect.

We stayed at the Low Wood Bay hotel in Windermere, which was super nice.  It’s a 4* hotel (get us!) and we felt ever so posh whilst staying there.  The rooms are lovely, the staff are really pleasant and helpful and it overlooks Lake Windermere so it’s in a beautiful location.  On the first night, Adam’s actual birthday, we had a beautiful three course meal in the hotel restaurant which was included in the price of our stay.  The food was divine and the service was excellent.  We sat between two middle-aged couples who happened to be wine connoisseurs and insisted on finding a wine to compliment their main meal of venison.  You can imagine our shame in trying to find the cheapest bottle of rose on the menu (which still cost a packet) and trying to order it quietly so they wouldn’t be disgusted!  Hashtag working class problems.  On a whole, I’d really recommend trying this restaurant, and this hotel for that matter, if you are ever in Windermere or it’s surrounding areas.  Both hotel and restaurant are reasonably priced and you certainly will be well looked after.

The rest of our weekend was spent strolling around the different towns close by, looking for cute little lambs, eating far too much food, drinking far too much champagne, ordering room service, chilling in the hotel spa which had a hot tub overlooking the lake and just being generally silly like we usually are whenever we are on holiday and are carefree.

Feel free to peruse our pictures which are mostly just scenery, scenery and more scenery.  I don’t get why we do that?  Take loads of pictures of hills and mountains and then never really look at them again.  The mind boggles!  I couldn’t resist taking a snap or two of my outfit.  I say outfit, I mainly mean my new coat which I was telling you about in an earlier post.  This cost me a grand total of £10 from Dorothy Perkins a few weeks ago and I am still thrilled with my little bargain.  I know it’s not the most flattering shape but then again the ‘cocoon’ style never will be for a short, stumpy girl like more.  I just like the colour and the neckline and think it’s perfect to throw on over most things on a cold Spring day.

I’m off to start getting ready as I’m going out with my friends for lots of Easter drinks tonight.  I have a new dress so I’m very excited but to my dismay my new shoes which I ordered next day delivery from Very sometime last week have still not turned up.  Next day delivery my eye!  I’m very annoyed.  Anyway, hope your’s is a good one and you enjoy ANOTHER day off tomorrow.  Why can’t every weekend last four days long?

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...