Sunday 17 March 2013

The Waldorf effect


 Dress - Boohoo.com
Bag - H&M
Shoes - New Look
Hair Chain - Amazon

Boohoo is a clothing website that I rarely look at so you can imagine my delight when on the off-chance I had a browse and found this amazing two-toned shift dress.  I love the subtle pattern of the material which gives the dress an element of texture, making it look and feel more expensive than it really is.  The dress is called the Boutique Blair dress which immediately made me think of one of my favourite fashion icons, the perfectly preened Blair Waldorf.  I took inspiration from her for this outfit keeping my hair and make up simple and wearing no jewellery at all for a minimal approach.  I’d like to think I did her justice with this ensemble.

The thing I do really love about this outfit is my new Kardashian inspired hair chain which I found on Amazon for a very reasonable £6.99.  The pearls match the dress perfectly and really jazz up my otherwise boring ponytail.  Apparently you can wear hair chains all sorts of ways such as round a bun or underneath a ponytail so I’m going to have some fun experimenting with it.  I’d quite like an all gold one too for extra Kimmy K points!  Major love for hair bling at the minute!  

I wore this outfit to my friend’s baby girl’s naming ceremony yesterday, which was a really lovely day.  I think this dress is great for formal things like that and I will be reaching for it the next time I need a dress for a wedding, christening, etc.  I’ve spent today recovering from too much wine and dancing yesterday.  I have a takeaway en route and I’m just about to press play on series three of Downton (still obsessed!).  Don’t you just love Sundays?

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...