Monday 10 June 2013

A girl's best friend

 Top - Primark Limited Edition
Shorts - Topshop
Bag - Mulberry
Shoes - Very

Having not worn anything ‘blogworthy’ at the weekend I thought I would show you an outfit I wore a few weekends ago for a night out with the girls.  It was a hot bank holiday and I didn’t feel like wearing a dress so I thought I would mix it up a little and bring out a pair of shorts.  I can’t remember the last time I wore a shorts and top combo to hit the town.  When I was younger it was literally my failsafe outfit option: a pair of black shorts, a jazzy top, a staple pair of opaque tights and loads of plastic jewellery to complete the look.  It’s safe to say I’m glad I branched out a little with my choices.

Fast forward a few years and here I am in what I think is a much classier ensemble.  My top is from the Limited Edition section in Primark which I think is great for finding pieces which are a little nicer than your average Primarni goods but still come with a purse-friendly price tag.  I love the gold chain detailing and I think it makes the top look a lot more expensive than it actually was.  The shorts are plaid (I think that’s what you call it) and have a very intricate woven design which again makes them feel a lot more luxurious than they actually are.  The frayed fringe detailing is also very cute and adds a little extra length so I don’t look like I’m rocking hotpants!  But onto the thing I love the most about this outfit.  Did you spot it?  It’s a real life Mulberry bag!  Not mine of course but a lovely ‘lend from a friend’ which compliments the pink in my shorts perfectly.  Maybe one day I will have my very own mullers but until then I shall continue to lust over this one!

I fancied something a bit different for my hair as I felt my usual ‘soft curls with lots of volume’ look was getting a little boring.  I decided to go old school and ask my friend to pop two skull plaits into my hair whilst it was still wet.  The results, as you can see, were nineties style beachy waves.  I was happy with it but it looked even better the next day when it had dropped a little and the waves had relaxed.  Looking back, I think I must have took subliminal inspiration from the cute little bichon frise puppy we were dog-sitting that weekend.  Isn’t he the cutest?  I think he makes the perfect accessory!

I will add that both the puppy (Chester) and the Mulberry (Dusty) have been returned to their rightful owner, my fabulous friend Nat, but if anyone out there would like to buy me a puppy or a handbag, or even a puppy sitting in a handbag with a pink ribbon in it’s hair, please just let me know.  A girl can dream can’t she?

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...