Monday 17 June 2013

And it was all yellow

 Dress - Zara
Shoes - Topshop
Watch - Casio
Nails - Models Own Pukka Purple

How amazing is this dress please?  Canary yellow in colour, interesting bat-wing sleeves and a length that screams sexy yet sophisticated.  I wish I could call this little beauty my own but it’s another lend from a friend.  I usually treat myself to a new outfit whenever I go out but I’ve got so many social events this summer that my habit is starting to break the bank.  Instead I’m depending on the girls to help me wear something fresh but not new.

As this is the kind of dress which does all of the talking, I decided to keep accessories to a minimum when I wore it on Saturday for a friend’s birthday.  I couldn’t resist however pairing it with these purple heels and nail polish.  The shoes are an old favourite of mine from Topshop a few years ago.  I love the unusual mismatched heels and gold detailing on the points.  I don’t get a lot of wear out of them but love pulling them out of the box now and again.

Hair wise I went for something a little different for me: straight and smooth yet still with plenty of volume.  It’s nice to change it up sometimes and I must admit this look was a lot easier to achieve than my usual big bouffant.  Just a quick spritz of volume spray and an upside blow dry and I was good to go.

As usual I had a very good, very drunken night with the girls to the point that I’m still feeling a little worse for wear today.  How is that even possible?  Nevertheless, I’ve got an exciting week ahead.  I’m seeing Rihanna in concert with the girls on Thursday and I’m off to London with the mister to see The Killers on Saturday!  Eeek!  I can’t wait!  Happy Monday to you all!  Have a great week!

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...