Friday 7 June 2013

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment Plus


A good hair mask does wonders for reviving your locks and restoring goodness when you hair needs a little TLC.  I am currently loving the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment Plus which deeply treats are repairs damaged hair.  I reached for this last week after I’d gone a little too crazy with my backcombing the night before.  As we all know, backcombing does wonders for hair volume but nothing for the quality so it’s important to nourish the hair if you’ve been a little harsh with it.  Cue this little beauty from Ojon.

The first thing that stands out for me with this mask is the consistency.  Not your average squeezy-bottle-lotion type formula, the mask takes the shape of a solid wax in a sturdy little pot.  Using the scoop/comb that comes with the mask (I use a spoon as I’ve lost my scoop), I take 1 - 1.5 teaspoons of product and pop it in the palm of my hands and begin to rub them together.  The wax melts like butter and soon has an oil like consistency.  It’s at this point I begin to lather it through my hair and then comb it from root to tips.  I do this again and again until all of my hair is covered in the mask and it begins to look wet.  It soaks quickly into my hair, penetrating the follicles and really getting to work.  I don’t know if it’s just mind over matter but I can feel the treatment working straight away.  

The mask has a very natural, earthy, wood-like smell which makes the product subtle enough to leave in overnight if you want to.  If I’m not mistaken, I think the fragrance has been re-formulated as I remember reading reviews on this product a couple of years ago and a lot of people commented on it’s very overpowering, almost unbearably strong smell.  It’s good that Ojon took note of this and made some changes as it seems a shame for anyone to write this product off just because it doesn’t smell too good.

After allowing the treatment to work it’s magic for a good twenty minutes, I jump in the shower and shampoo and rinse as normal.  When I dry my hair I can instantly see a difference.  It’s smoother, feels softer and has a gorgeous salon-like shine.  It feels a lot healthier too and I start to feel less guilty about the rigorous backcombing.  Any product that can do that is definitely worth my money!  So...money!  How much will this little gem set you back?  A 100ml sized tub is £32.50 which I think is a decent price for a good, reputable brand like Ojon.  A little goes a long way with this treatment so it will last a fair amount of time if used weekly as recommended.  I’ve noticed you can buy smaller tubs too so if you don’t want to fully commit to the full sized product, why not treat yourself to a little taster 50ml size for £16.  Go on...you hair wants you to.  

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...