Saturday 26 October 2013

Guerlain Terracotta Four Seasons Bronzer


I don’t know about you but I’m actually more concerned with being bronzed in the Winter than Summer.  I know it might seem topsy-turvy but my Summer tanning routine is usually a lot more relaxed than in the six months that follow.  I’m more about sporting a few natural freckles and beachy waves because evening soirees during the warmer weather tend to come with the ‘anything goes’ dress code.  Winter, on the other hand, is time to get glam.  It’s party season, everyone wants to look their best and for me this involves having a healthy glow.

My favourite makeup item when creating a bronzed look has to be the Guerlain Terracotta Four Seasons bronzer.  Comprising of not one but four beautiful matte shades, this compact can be used for an all over sweep of colour or to contour your face.  This is one of the only bronzers I’ve used that doesn’t have an orange tinge or any nasty glitter particles making it practically impossible to go wrong with it.  I have the colour ‘Brunettes’ but it also comes in ‘Blondes’ too so you do have a choice.  Both shades look very au natural might I add.  If I’m having a good skin day then sometimes I will use this alone on my face without any foundation but it does also look just as good on top of a base or fake tan.

Have I sold it to you yet?  Well if so, then this may be one of the most expensive bronzers you will ever buy.  At £46.50 (that’s almost £50!) this gorgeous glow doesn’t come cheap.  I got this is a gift so managed to swerve any uncomfortable exchange with the counter girl where I don‘t fully let go of my cash as I reluctantly hand it over.  Imagine the buyer’s guilt you would feel after purchasing this!  What I will say however is you can really tell this is a luxury product.  The powder is so finely milled that it feel super soft when applied to your face and the results do speak for themselves.  Did I mention that the packaging is amazing too?  It feels so heavy and expensive in your hands.  

Despite the hefty price tag I would buy this bronzer if, and only if, I couldn’t find a good enough dupe for it.  I’m skeptical as to whether I will though because I’ve never used anything like this before.  It love it.  Good news for those who do want to buy it now as it’s currently half price on Debenhams’ website.  What the hell are you waiting for?

GC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...